Monday, January 19, 2009

Lessons Learned!

OK, so I am starting to get the hang of things...with a few exceptions. I must be honest here and let you know that for the most part I become extremely freaked out when I know I have to take Jack places. The two of us have not really gone anywhere together. If I have to run errands, like grocery shop, pick up prescriptions, or simply run to the bank, I will leave Jack with my mother. And, if Jack does come with me for my errands, I always have someone with me. The first month of Jack's life were pretty tough for me, I wouldn't want to go anywhere...and if we would go places, I was giving "calm me down" medicine just to get out of the door. After realizing that this has A LOT to do with my hormones, I figure something needed to change. So, I called the doctor.He told me that it is normal for any new mom to have anxiety about their baby, but when it becomes paralyzing, it is always good to take care of it. So, after being reassured I wasn't an absolute nut and given something to help me out, I was told things would improve in a couple of weeks. And, they have...a little. I still get extremely nervous of the unknown, but the more I get out there, the better I feel. My point is that Jack is a great baby. I always get so nervous that something will happen the minute we leave the front door...like he will scream the entire time or he won't want to sleep or whatever else babies do whenever their unhappy...but every time we leave, he is wonderful!! Every trip we go on, he is prefect...so it is more clear to me now...that I am the nut and my nervousness comes from whatever scenario my imagination will create! Nonetheless, I am doing a lot better and Jack is really an amazing baby!!!

1 comment:

Candi (and Emma, too) said...

I was the exact same way! I just knew Emma would flip out once I got her out on my own. Now, more than two months later, I've only gotten her out once or twice completely by myself without having anyone with me or meeting someone somewhere... so you aren't alone :).