Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shots!!!

Jack had an appointment yesterday with Dr. T, which is what everyone calls him because Dr. Thotakura is too difficult to pronounce! Yes, it was that time...Jack had to get his two month shots! They didn't tell me that was what would happen, but I had assumed he would be getting shots. Needless to say, I was right. Once my fears were confirmed, I was terrified for little Jack. No one likes getting shots and for my angel to have to be put in pain...well that is just wrong! He was a trooper though. He received his first two shots in his left leg and the last one in his right leg. I was standing on the right side of him when the nurse administered his final shot and I literally grab her arm once she stuck that HUGE needle into his leg. It was awful and Jack screamed the entire time. He also had to have his heel pricked for blood work. The nursed pricked his tiny little foot and then squeezed the snot out of it five or six times! Luckily, I was able to hold him while she tortured his foot. He finally calmed down after shushing him and loving on him...I don't know if I was hugging him to comfort him or myself! As quick as it started...it all ended and before Jack knew it we were home at last. The poor little booger slept for three and a half hours after that traumatic experience. He woke up, took another bottle, and then went right back to sleep! I don't blame him! (on a side note...I knew that him sleeping all day would totally mess up our chances of getting him to sleep until six, which he had done for two nights in a row, but I felt so bad for him that I made the little sacrifice and let hem sleep all day!!) The funny thing is, he probably doesn't even remember what happened to him yesterday! It's a good thing too!!
Today will be a lot less exciting for us. I plan on taking it easy and trying to organize my bedroom. This has been a goal of mine for about a month now...so you can imagine the disaster that lays within those walls. I bought coat hangers a week ago to try and motivate me to unpack all of the cloths that I still have in boxes, but it has not motivated me in the least! (I still have boxes of clothes because I am still trying to lose this pregnancy weight and it get so depressing looking at all of the shirts, pants, and dresses that I can't fit into!) To make matters worse, those boxes are now hidden underneath all the clothes that I do wear that I haven't put up! It's pretty rough! There is a little method in the madness, but I know that I would sleep so much better if I had a clean room to rest in! Wish me luck!!! One step at a time...right?

1 comment:

LB said...

oh, the first time Ada got shots it was awful. It's even more awful now, though, because I have to physically help the nurse hold her down, so I feel like I am helping to torture her. It's awful!! Good luck with the bedroom. Ours is a disaster. And good luck with couponing. Just take it slowly, and you will get the hang of it. It is something I have been working on for a long time.