Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just one of those things....

Sometimes Jack can be such a little mystery to me. I can usually figure out what his needs are or what he wants, but there are those times when I am just down right clueless. As long as he is not wailing, I can quickly run through a process of elimination to figure out what is bothering him, but if he is screaming at the top of his lungs...I loose all sight of things and have to calm him down before accessing the situation! This is the one good thing about last night. Jack did not scream. He simply just grunts...A LOT. (it's his way of waking us up without him having to really wake up himself!) Nonetheless, I was clueless last night. Jack woke up a good four to five times and only had a full bottle once. He did not want to sleep. I would try and give him a full bottle and he would only take an ounce of it and then fall asleep...only to wake back up again with the same grunts! He would grunt so much that he would make himself sick and ended up laying in spit up on more than one occasion. (spit up from the bottle that he did not want to drink!) So, finally, at 5:30 this morning, Brian ended up putting Jack in his swing and letting him grunt until he was sound asleep! I really don't think there is any real concern in what happened last night....my concern now is that this doesn't happen again tonight! I was pooped today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lux did something similar once, she was cold...?? once i got her warm she was good to go... good luck! i hope 2nite is better!