Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Shoes

I have been hesitant to purchase ANY kind of clothing apparel and/or shoe for the spring and upcoming summer. I fear that I will become a whale again and anything that I think I can wear now will only be put away for an entire winter only to be out of style come the next year's spring and summer. So, I have not bought anything spring-y lately. I have only made spring purchases for our apartment. (which has become a whole new hobby for me. The whole "look for less" makes soooo much more sense in the decorating world than it does in the fashion world for me...I am digging do-it-yourself projects and flea market finds. Considering all of our furniture is second hand along with the majority of our decorative items, I think it is a good thing for me to get into this hobby! I'm loving it. More on that later, though.)
Alright, the biggest thing that I have been concerned about is finding a decent pair of flip flops or something to accommodate this pregnancy and look super cute. With Jack I went from a size 6 shoe to a size 7. I wore this not so cute pair of yellow box flip flops up until he was born. ugh.
I broke down yesterday and went for style instead of worrying about all of the above mentioned and purchased something cute and springy to wear for the next month or so. I am satisfied with my decision and I have received a ton of compliments so far. you like?
My point: sometimes the idea of getting big can be overwhelming. Buying something that allowed me to focus less on the figure I'm about to acquire and more on looking hip in spring made me happy. Of course, this may not always happen but when it does, it feels pretty nice.
By the way-people at work are already asking me if I'm preggers...students too. I show so easily.

3 comments:

LB said...

Katie--I am the same way. It's like I take the pregnancy test and my stomach pops out. Love the shoes!!! Where are they from?

Anonymous said...

cute! by the way we will be in huntsville this weekend, if yall want to attend a ballgame and keep us company just get my number from Brandie and I will have the husband leave you tickets!

Katie said...

Man, I hate we won't be there. We are actually going to visit my Dad in Birmingham this weekend. we could've had sooo much fun. Well, we will just have to plan something for this summer. (We can even invite the Mobbs too!!;) This just needs to happen!!