Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Sick Baby


So, I had to take Jackson to the doctor today. The poor angel had a fever all day yesterday and woke up with it this morning! His highest temperature has been 102...yikes! The doctor did not seem too concerned with his state of health. He said that it looks like a small virus. Remember I told you what Jack has been dealing with the first two days of this week? Well, that has settled and the fever has set in. The doc was pretty sure that continuing to give him infant's Motrin and Tylenol, with plenty of fluids, will help him to get better! Brian did not like the doctor's reaction one bit and demanded that I call another pediatrician to look at Jack. I'm pretty sure Brian would like for the doctor to do special blood work, followed by monitoring vital signs, and he probably wouldn't mind if Jack were to be given an IV!! It's pretty cute how protective he is being about Jack's fever! So, if he is not better in the morning or by this afternoon, I will rush him to another doctor's office. I will say that I am so thankful for a mother's instincts. Because I have no internal alarms ringing right now, I feel pretty good about him making a full recovery!! Thank goodness! This situation could be a lot worse if it weren't for my maternal instincts!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. That makes me sad. I hope he gets to feeling better...we'll be praying for him...and you!