Jack is asleep right now and I have taken a seat at the computer to try and put together some kind of new post. I really really wish that I could just post pictures of Jack for everyone to see...but, as you can guess, I still have not bought batteries for the camera! I have got to get it together!
There is hope though and let me tell you why... I have made a monster grocery list for tomorrow and batteries, diapers, and cokes are all on the list! I am hoping that even though the list is long, I might save some money. Unlike ordinary bulk shopping trips, this time I will be taking full advantage of this weeks deals at Publix. I have been trying my best to get involved in the world of couponing. I have been studying every frugal blog, reading every coupon game rule, and trying my best to figure out how to save big at the grocery store. I am pretty sure that this trip to the grocery store will not bring in the savings since we need so much, but I am thinking that each trip will get better and better. Supposedly, if you are able to match coupons to sale items and BOGO deals then you are able to decrease the amount of money you are going to pay out of pocket! I am pretty sure that I am buying every sale item and BOGO item this trip. I am even going to get a few things for next to nothing! Dale will have two boxes of dog treats for free AND we'll have cream for our coffee that will only cost $.16!! How wonderful is that! I am also excited that this week Publix has Breathe Right Nasal Strips as a B1G1 deal and I have a coupon for them! Brian loves these things and would live in them if he didn't look like such a weirdo with them on! They are normally $5.29 per box, but with the BOGO deal and a coupon, I will be getting two boxes for only $4.29!!! You can't beat that!! I am still learning, though and I know that my savings this trip will not be what I would hope it to be. Because we are so low on groceries, I probably will not see a lot of savings for a couple of months or so...but I am going to press on and keep collecting my coupons. On a side note...and this made me very disappointed, but the Sunday paper did not have my coupon packs in there! I was outraged! Normally, you would want to buy two or three Sunday papers to clip the most coupons...I guess it's a good thing I only bought one this Sunday! Total bummer! I will keep you posted about my savings!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Katie, check out southernsavers.com. She keeps up with what coupons will be in the Sunday paper so that you will know beforehand. She also does a great job of matching sales to coupons.
Thanks so much! I will make a note of that!
You have motivated me! I need to do some serious grocery shopping, so I was checking out the coupon blogs on your blog. We need to do everything we can to save money, right? I love those coupl blogs and can't wait to check them out more often now! Thanks!
Post a Comment