Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Baby Jack


I found out that I was pregnant in March, and boy was that a surprise!! At that point, I was already a good month or so pregnant. I was terrified at the thought of being pregnant! There were, however, tiny moments when extreme feelings of joy would take over. I felt so proud to be becoming a mother. I started picking names immediately. I just knew that I would be having a little girl! It wasn't until that blessed day, during my 22nd week, that I found out I was having a little boy! I think that is why my relationship with food has been so wonderful. Food and I have formed an unforgettable bond. I am well into a 30 pound weight gain...and I like to think reason for the surplus amount of pounds is due to the fact that the baby is a boy. He needs to be a lot bigger! Besides the huge amount of pounds I seem to be packing on, this pregnancy has been a dream. Well, my second trimester was a stroll through the park. That first trimester was an absolute nightmare! I would never wish those first three months on any woman...or man! I was a total wreck! I am surprised people still like me after that!
I am currently 28 weeks pregnant, the start of my third trimester. Jackson Smalley is figuring out how to open and close his eyelids, which are now adorned with, what has to be, the most beautiful eyelashes in the world. I like to think that I have fairly long eyelashes, and Brian's are pretty lengthy as well, so Jack is sure to be blessed with a set of gorgeous eyes. Just the other day, Jack had the hiccups for the first time. I believe he is practicing his breathing motions...hence the hiccups. I was so proud of him, I started to cry!!! Of course, a lot of things will make me tear up these days! He is also moving at speeds that I have never thought about moving. You would think he is preparing a floor routine for the 2012 Olympics. He has to be pretty proud of his sporadic kicks, because he will kick for a good 15 minutes before settling. These are sweet little nudges that I know I am going to miss once he is born. I am ready for my little man to get here.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh Katie! I am so excited that I can come here and read about all of Jack's newest accomplishments! It amazes me that just the thought of little Jackson Smalley can make me so happy! I can't wait until I can hold him and cover him with kisses from his Aunt B! I know that this beautiful baby boy with the most amazing eyes ever is going to be so wonderful. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of his life! I can't wait until November!