Friday, September 10, 2010

Family

Things are running smoothly in the Smalley household. Jack has adjusted well to his new daily routine and I am enjoying being back in my classroom. Brian, of course, is busy, busy, busy with football coaching duties, and our dog Dale is living large. I like waking up in the morning to see Brian and Jack's little sleeping faces next to me. There is something so calming to see your little baby sleeping so peacefully. (Jack usually wakes up around 5 am and we have made a habit of laying him down with us until we are ready to get up. Jack loves it.) He is a snuggler too. I usually receive feet in my face while Brian gets Jack's cheeks pressed right up against his. Jack loves his daddy so much. If we by chance, we wake up and Brian has left for the day - Jack is devastated that he isn't next to him. It takes coaxing to get him up and over the emotional distress - usually Mickey Mouse Club or Elmo's World does the trick every time. He is a little lucky boy to have such a loving daddy. Lily is going to melt Brian's heart into pieces. I can only imagine what it will be like when the both of them are missing their daddy.
I get such a warm feeling thinking about lazy mornings with all four of us in the bed together. Laughing. Snuggling. Tickling. I am such a blessed momma. I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments: